10AM Paris Time : 24/09/2021
Steve Kozloff announces the worlds first
Aeol-Drive/Solid Sail Superyacht design.
Download the Press Release [English]
Télécharger le communiqué de presse en français
24th September 2021
Introducing the New Caribù model with a Solid Sail system designed to benefit from the installation of two Chantiers de l’Atlantique Solid Sail/ AeolDrive sail and mast system.
The Caribù with the Solid Sails system has many great advantages over traditional sailing rigs. Five of those advantages are listed below.
1. The 1st notable advantage is the tilting masts.
These masts tilt 70 degrees forward to reduce the air draft from 237 feet to 131 feet making it possible for the Caribù to traverse below most bridges. Caribù now can have direct access to the Panama Canal, San Francisco, San Diego and many more notable harbors.
2. The 2nd advantage of the Solid Sail system is the automated setting and dropping of the sails.
3. The 3rd advantage is the boat can be pointed in any direction when raising or lowering of the sails.
The Solid Sail System has 360-degree rotating masts. The captain simply rotates the masts into the wind to preform the raising and lowering of the sails.
4. The 4th advantage is the Solid Sail material has a 20 plus year service life vs 4 to 5 years for traditional Dacron sails.
5. The 5th advantage is the free-standing masts are clean and free of yards and shrouds, thus making voyages into icing conditions
much more practical and safer. Introducing a de-icing system to these clean masts is very feasible.